G.M.T.



As the days become longer and warmer, I realise that the last time I did anything of significance concerning photography was when the situation was inverted. I had thought at the time that winter would be the perfect time to sit in front of the computer, doing all those tasks that had been written on various post-it notes for months. Then I discovered the excitement of a log burner, and that my PC sat in the coldest room of the house. More recently we adopted a dog, and watching him run through streams became more enjoyable than wandering around crappy northern towns. However, he will become the best photo-walk buddy once he learns some restraint, and he can learn the wonder of said towns.
Ironically a couple of good things came my way during my unplanned hiatus, including some of my 'Going Coastal' work being displayed at Trove in Levenshulme, Manchester. If you haven't been, they make a buzzing pizza and use Has Bean coffee, so you should add it to your plans. I also had some images included in the fantastic, Manchester-based Shrieking Violets zine:



(click the image to see the full issue online)



Recently I visited Paris for a weekend, which, along with the scent of approaching summer, has injected life into me again. The medium format images will follow soon, once I've finished playing around with them, but for now here's a few I took with my 'pocket cam' (an Olympus XA1):
























No comments:

Post a Comment